Information for Parents and Guardians
WELCOME to our NEW and RETURNING Parents and Guardians!
Please CLICK HERE to update your Contact Information
Please CLICK HERE FOR A PDF with links to school resources.
Please click CHSStaffList-2020-2021 to access staff email list.
For Back to School information, including on Chromebooks, Internet, and Food services: PLEASE CHECK HERE
For SDP Multilingual Resources https://www.philasd.org/face/multilingual/multilingual-language-pages/
Our schedule for Virtual Learning:
Interested in Volunteering?
- More information for parents can be found on the School District Website: https://www.philasd.org/resources-for-families/
- Please email Principal Robb at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and meeting times of our Parent Support Group.
Parents can access grades and assignments via the Schoolnet portal. Please work with your child and our teachers to check in regularly on your child’s progress. If you have questions on how to establish a parent account, check the SDP Parent Portal FAQ or call our school (215-400-7850).
Parent and School Partnership
We are committed to working with families to help our students grow academically, socially, and emotionally. Parents can contribute in numerous ways, including:
- Our goal is for students to not be absent more than 8 days in the school year.
- Making sure that homework is completed, including studying/reading for 30 minutes a day in core classes.
- Limit screen time, including cell phones, tablets, and computers, and monitor use of social media and texting, particularly if you notice sudden changes in mood or behavior.
- Encouraging healthy behaviors, including adequate sleep and nutrition. Breakfast and lunch is served free of charge to all students. Teenagers need 8-10 hours of sleep every night.
- Promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time, including encouraging involvement in extracurriculars and athletics.
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.
- Volunteering for school events and trips, and/or as parent representative on the school’s School Improvement Team or other school advisory or policy groups.
The following forms are required to be handed in by the first week of school:
WALKING-TRIP-PERMISSION-SLIP-17 : Allows your child to participate in the off-site learning initiative within walking distance of the school
Waiver-and–Release-Form-17-18 : Allows the School District of Philadelphia/PSTV Channel 52, members of the media, and partners of Constitution High School to use your child’s voice, name, photo, video and work for school and other publications
Route-Slip-2017-2018 : Gives the school important contacts and emergency information
2017-18 Textbook Compact Details the responsibilities and obligations regarding textbooks
See Policies for more information on academic and social expectations.